HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n support
Printing a Self-Test Report
This document includes instructions for how to print a self-test report from the product control panel.
The self-test report provides product information, such as the product name, model number, serial number, and firmware version number. The self-test report includes printed test patterns, which you can use to troubleshoot many print quality issues.
Print a self-test report
The following video demonstrates how to print a self-test report.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Officejet 6500. The outside of the product might not look the same as your product, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video, or to view the video in a different size,
Follow these steps to print a test page.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Lift the output tray, and then move the paper guide outward as far as it can go.
- Load unused, plain white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper into the input tray.
- Adjust the media guide until it rests against the side of the paper, and then lower the output tray.
- Press the Setup button ( ).
- Press the Right Arrow ( ) until the screen displays Print Report , and then press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again to print the test-page.
Other solutions customers found helpful
-- HP Officejet 6500 (E709a) and 6500 Wireless (E709n and E709q) All-in-One Printers Product Specifications
HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series (E709) -- An 'Alignment failed' Error Message Displays on the Printer
HP Officejet 6500 (E709a) and 6500 Wireless (E709n) All-in-One Printers -- Printing a Printer Status Report
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum