HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer - E910a support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet Pro 7500A (E910a and E910c) Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series
Follow these steps to check the ink levels on your product. Check the ink levels to determine how soon you might need to replace a cartridge. The ink level shows an estimate of the amount of ink that remains in the cartridges.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until prompted to do so.
Checking ink levels
Use one of the following methods to check the estimated ink levels in the cartridges.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge or a cartridge that was used in another product, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
- On the home page, touch the Right Arrow () to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch the Ink Status icon. The Estimated Ink Levels screen displays with gauges for all four ink colors.
- Touch More... to view the information for the magenta cartridge.
- Touch the Right Arrow () to scroll through the individual gauges for each ink color.NOTE:When viewing the gauge for a single color, the correct cartridge model number displays next to the gauge. Refer to this number when ordering a replacement cartridge.
- Touch the Home icon () to return to the home page.
Follow these steps to check the estimated ink levels using the HP Toolbox.
- Open the HP Toolbox.
NOTE:You can also open the HP product software from your computer desktop: double-click the icon for your HP product ().
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ().
- Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ().
- Double-click Estimated Ink Levels. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens with gauges for all four ink colors.
When the product connects to a network, you can monitor ink levels and other product status information through the Embedded Web Server.
Step one: Print a network configuration page
- On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch the Setup icon ().
- Touch the Down Arrow () to scroll to Reports.
- Touch Reports, and then touch Network Configuration Page. The network configuration page prints.
- Under General Information, find URL(s) for Embedded Web Server. This is the IP address that you will enter into your Web browser.
Step two: Access the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Open a new Web browser window.
- Type the URL for the Embedded Web Server as it appears on the network configuration page in the address window of the Web browser.CAUTION:Make sure that you type the URL into the Web browser address window. If you type it into a tool bar search box by mistake, the EWS will not open.
- Press Enter. The EWS opens with the ink levels for all four cartridges displayed on the home screen.
- Click More Details to display related information about each installed cartridge.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum