'Ink expiration near' Message Displays on the All-in-One
The message Ink expiration near appears on the product control panel.
Replace the indicated ink cartridge(s) in the message, and then close the message. Follow these steps to replace the ink cartridge(s).
NOTE:A self-test report to determine the ink expiry date can be printed. Refer to the section, Print a self-test report for instructions.
- Make sure that the product is on.
- Open the ink cartridge door.
- Squeeze the gray tab below the ink cartridge slot to release the gray latch, and then lift the latch.Figure 2: Lifting the latch1 - Ink cartridge latch for the black ink cartridge2 - Ink cartridge latches for the color ink cartridgesNOTE:The ink cartridge areas are color-coded for easy reference. From left to right, the ink cartridges are black, yellow, light cyan, cyan, light magenta, and magenta.
- Pull the ink cartridge out of its slot to remove it.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Hold the ink cartridge by the handle, and then slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot.NOTE:Make sure that the ink cartridge is inserted into the slot that has the same shaped icon and color as the ink cartridge. The copper-colored contacts should be facing the product as the ink cartridge is inserted.
- Press down on the gray latch until it clicks into place.
- Repeat steps three through seven for each ink cartridge that needs to be replaced.NOTE:All six cartridges must be installed. The product will not work if an ink cartridge is missing.
- Close the ink cartridge door.
Print a self-test report
- Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
- Press the Setup button on the display.
- Use the down arrow button () to highlight Tools, and then press the OK button ().
- Use the down arrow button () to highlight Self-Test Report, and then press the OK button (). The self-test report prints.
The ink in the indicated ink cartridge(s) in the message is near expiration.
NOTE:Each ink cartridge has an expiration date to protect the printing system and ensure good ink quality. When the ink cartridge expiration message appears, remove and replace the expired ink cartridge, and then close the message. The cartridge expire date will be in line 53 of the self test report.Printing can continue without replacing the ink cartridge. Follow the instructions that appear on the HP product or on the computer. However, HP recommends replacing the expired ink cartridges. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of expired ink cartridges. Service or repairs required as a result of using expired ink are not covered under warranty.