Motherboard Specifications, H-RS880-uATX (Aloe)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: H-RS880-uATX
- HP/Compaq name: Aloe
- Micro-ATX: 9.6 in x 9.6 in
- AMD 785G
- 5200MT/s (5.2 GT/s)
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (D)
- AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (H)
- AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (P)
- AMD II Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe ®)
- AMD II Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe ®)
Memory upgrade information:
- Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
- Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DDR3 DIMMs per socket
- Supports Dual channel memory architecture
- Supported speeds
- PC3-10600 @ 1333 MHz*
- PC3-8500 @ 1066 MHz*DDR3-1333 modules run at 1066 MHz if three or more modules are installed.
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs (DIMMs run at DDR3-1066)
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs* Actual available memory may be less.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Up to 256MB dedicated memory
- Can use both DVI and VGA ports at the same time.
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Number of channels: 8
- Audio CODEC: ALC888S
- Maximum bit depth: up to 24-bit
- Maximum sample rate: up to 192,000 Hz
- Supports one SPDIF digital connection
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek 8111C
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mb/
- Transmission standards: Gigabit 10-Base-GT Ethernet
- Integrated AMD RAID controller
- One PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0)
- Three PCI-Express x1 (Gen 2.0)
- One PCI Express x1 minicard socket (Gen 2.0)
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - Two 1.2 USB 1.1 ports for mouse and keyboard
2 - S/PDIF optical audio port
3 - Video Graphics Adapter port
4 - 1394a (FireWire)
5 - RJ45 Network (LAN)
6 - Audio: Center Speaker/Subwoofer out
7 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out
8 - Audio: Line in
9 - Audio: Front speaker/Line out
10 - Audio: Microphone in
11 - Audio: Side speaker out
12 - USB 2.0: 4
13 - DVI-D port.
- One opt fan connector
- One cpu fan connector
- Four DDR3-DIMM sockets
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One front panel header
- Sata 1.0
- Sata 2.0
- One clear CMOS jumper
- One clear password jumper
- Six USB headers
- One IEEE-1394 front port
- One line-in connector
- One front audio connector
- One PCI-E x16 connector [J3]
- Three PCI-E x1 connectors
- One PCI-E Mini-Card connector
- One PCI-E Mini-Card LED header
- One SPDIF output header
- One PC fan connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has a jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 1-2.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may use this jumper to clear the password settings.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Find the password jumper.
- Move the jumper to pins 2-3.
- Plug in the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 1-2.
Related support links
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum