HP PSC 1315 All-in-One Printer support
HP Solution Center Software Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This document is for the HP Solution Center software that came with select HP printers manufactured prior to 2011.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about HP's Solution Center software.
HP Solution Center is the main software program that you use to control and maintain your HP printer.
HP Solution Center is part of the full feature software and driver package that originally came with the printer (on discs). HP Solution Center acts as a central point of access for tasks such as scanning, printing, and copying, and provides links to useful HP sites.
HP Solution Center is part of the full feature software and driver package available for download on the HP website. The software has limited availability based on the age of your printer.
Install the full feature software which includes HP Solution Center.
NOTE:To make sure that HP Solution Center installs on your computer, select the Typical (Recommended) type of installation when prompted by the software installer. If you choose a Minimum type of installation, read the description of each software component carefully to avoid unintended loss of printer functionality.
- Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Use one of the available methods to identify your printer model.The software and driver results page displays when the printer model is identified.
- Check to see if your operating system is correctly identified. If your operating system is not correct, click Edit, select your operating system and version from the drop-down menus, then click Update.
- Under Driver - Product Installation Software, click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver download options.
- If an HP Download and Install Assistant window displays, select Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended) or Download only, then click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to save the driver to your computer.
- If you used the Download only method, open or run the driver file, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
HP Solution Center is not available for Mac computers. Mac printer drivers include HP Utility, which has similar tools and features that HP Solution Center includes.
If you installed the full feature version of your printer's software, HP Solution Center was installed automatically and should be available.
Check whether HP Solution Center displays in the list of installed programs. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of the results. HP Solution Center opens.
If you still cannot find HP Solution Center, the full feature software was not installed, your printer software was uninstalled, or a basic driver might have been downloaded and installed from the web. You need to install the software from the original installation disc or a full feature software download from the HP website (not available for printers produced prior to 2011).
You must reinstall HP Solution Center.
NOTE:If you upgraded Windows and downloaded the full feature software, some features might not be available, including HP Solution Center.
To service your printer, go to HP Service Center and Store Locator (in English).
No. You must download the full feature software to install HP Solution Center.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum