HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer support
'Supply Memory Error' Message Displays on the Control Panel
The product performs correctly, but 'Supply Memory Error' displays on the control panel.
There might be packing material inside your product.
Perform the solutions below in the order presented until your issue is resolved.
Solution one: Check to make sure that there is no packing material inside the product
Follow the steps below in the order presented to remove all packing material from inside the product.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Lift up the paper packing material, but do not remove it.
- Remove the print cartridge packing material.
- Remove the print cartridge from the product.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the print cartridge, hold the print cartridge at each end.
- Remove the packing material from inside the product.
- Remove the orange clip from the end of the print cartridge.
- Gently rock the print cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner evenly.
- Bend the tab on the left side of the print cartridge until the tab breaks loose. Pull the tab to remove all the sealing tape from the print cartridge.CAUTION:If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth, and then wash the clothing in cold water. Hot water sets toner into the fabric .
- Insert the print cartridge, and then close the print cartridge door.
- If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.
Solution two: Service the product
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, you may need further assistance from HP to remedy your concern.
Please contact HP using one of the options found in Contact HP .
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum