HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - G510n support
Checking Ink Levels for HP Officejet 4500 (G510) and 4500 (K710a) All-in-One Printer Series
Check the ink levels to determine when to replace a cartridge.
NOTE:Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.
Check the ink levels
Follow these steps to check the estimated ink levels from the HP Printer Toolbox in HP Solution Center.
NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge from another printer, the ink level indicators might be inaccurate or unavailable.
- Open HP Solution Center:
HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows 7: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click the HP Folder, and then click HP Solution Center.
- In HP Solution Center, click Settings ().
- In the Print Settings section, click Printer Toolbox. The printer Toolbox opens in a new window.
NOTE:A cartridge might be out of ink even if the graphic shows that ink remains in the cartridge. Lines or streaks always appear in printouts when cartridges begin to run out of ink. Replace cartridges that are out of ink or low on ink.
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum