HP Deskjet F2480 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Cartridges
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Step one: Replace the cartridges
- Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the product is idle and silent before continuing.
- Lower the paper tray.
- Lift out the paper tray extension
- Load unused, plain, white paper in the paper tray, and then slide the paper width guide snugly against the paper.
- Open the front access door.The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
- Lightly press down on a cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then carefully remove the plastic tape using the pink pull tab.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the product, and then insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot until it snaps into place. Make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the slot on the left.
- Insert the black cartridge in the slot on the right.
- Close the front access door. An alignment page prints automatically. Wait until the page prints before continuing.
Step two: Align the cartridges
- Lift the product lid.
- Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
- Lower the product lid.
- Press Start Copy Color to start the alignment.
- When the cartridge alignment is complete, recycle or discard the alignment page.
Other solutions customers found helpful
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum