HP Officejet 7410xi All-in-One Printer support
Using the HP Automatic Two-sided Printing Accessory
This document gives information on using the following two-sided printing accessories:
NOTE:The HP Automatic Two-sided Printing Accessory ships with some models of the HP all-in-one and is available as an optional accessory for others.The HP Auto Two-sided Printing Accessory with Small Paper Tray is available as an optional accessory.
Not all HP all-in-one products have the capability of two-sided printing using the two-sided printing accessory. Check your user's guide.
It might be necessary to increase the top and bottom margins of documents to align the two sides correctly. This may result in a smaller printable area.
The two-sided printing accessory only works with certain paper types and sizes. Legal sized paper (8.5 x 14) is not supported with the accessory. Two-sided printing of faxes is not possible.
Always use quality paper, such as HP Premium Heavyweight Inkjet Paper, on which text and pictures printed on one side do not show through on the other side.
NOTE:Printing is slower when using the HP two-sided printing accessory due to longer spool times.
Attaching the accessory
Follow the steps below to attach the accessory to the HP all-in-one.
- Press in the tabs of the rear access door and remove the door.NOTE:The HP all-in-one may look different from the examples shown below.NOTE:Do not press the buttons on either side of the accessory when installing it. Use the buttons only when removing the accessory from the printer.
- Firmly insert the Two-sided Print Accessory in the back of the printer until both sides snap into place.NOTE:Do not discard the Rear Access Door. The Accessory or the Rear Access Door must be attached for the HP all-in-one to print.
Enabling the accessory in Windows
Follow these instructions to enable the accessory.
- Open the Toolbox by doing one of the following:
- From a program, click File , then Print . Click the Properties button, then click the Services tab. Click the Service this device button.
- Open the HP Director on the computer's first screen and click Settings , Print Settings , and then Printer Toolbox .
- Click Start , All Programs , then HP Director . In HP Director, click Print Settings , then Printer Toolbox .
- Select the Configuration tab in the Toolbox. If there is not a Configuration tab, uninstall, then reinstall the software for the HP all-in-one using the CD-ROM that came with the product.
- Select either Auto Two-Sided Print Accessory or Auto Two-Sided Print Accessory with small paper tray , depending on which accessory is attached.
- Click Apply , then click OK in the confirmation box that opens.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Toolbox.
Loading paper in the small paper tray
Follow the steps below to load paper in the small paper tray.
- Slide the paper width guide to the left.
- Pull the paper lever forward and insert the paper.
- Release the paper lever.
- Slide the paper width guide against the edge of the media.
Printing on both sides
Follow the procedure below to print on both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Load the appropriate paper.NOTE:The Two-Sided Printing Accessory only works with certain media types, sizes, and weights. For a list of supported media, see the "Media type" section in the User's Guide that came with the accessory.
- Click File , then Print , and then click Properties .
- Select the Printing Shortcuts tab.
- From the What do you want to do? drop-down menu, select Two-sided, duplex, printing .
- Select the Paper Source.
- Upper tray to print from the main printer tray.
- Rear tray to print from the Hagaki tray on the Two-sided Print Accessory.
- Lower tray to print from the 250 Sheet Plain Paper tray, if it is installed.
- Select the Paper Size.
- Change any other desired print settings, then click OK .
- Click OK to print.
After the first side of the page is printed, the printer pauses while the ink dries. Once the ink is dry, the paper is pulled back into the printer and the reverse side of the page is printed.
NOTE:Do not remove the paper from the printer until both sides of the page have been printed.
Follow the steps below to print postcards.
- Load the card with the address side facing towards the front of the HP all-in-one and the postage end up.
- Click File then Print , and, if necessary, then click Properties .
- Select the Paper/Quality tab.
- From the Size is drop-down menu, select 4 x 6 in .NOTE:These directions assume printing on 4 x 6 postcards. Select the proper card or envelope size.
- In the Source is drop down menu, select Rear tray .
- To print on both sides, select the Finishing tab.
- Click Print on both sides .
- Click Flip pages up .
- Specify any other desired print settings, and then click OK .
Use these instructions to print photos from the Rear tray.
NOTE:If the photo paper has a tear-off tab, the tab must point up rather than leading into the printer.
- Load the photo paper with the glossy side facing you and slide the paper-width guide against the edge of the stack.
- Click File , Print , and then click Properties .
- Select the Printing Shortcuts tab.
- From the What do you want to do? drop-down menu, select Photo printing borderless or Photo printing-with white borders . Then set the following options:
- Print Quality: Select Normal , Best , or Max dpi.
- Paper type: Select the appropriate photo paper type.
- Paper size: Select the appropriate photo paper size.
- Paper source: Select Rear tray .
- Orientation: Select Portrait or Landscape .
- Click OK to print the photographs.