HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer support
Cleaning the Product
Clean the pickup roller
If you want to clean the pickup roller before deciding to replace it, follow these instructions:
- Unplug the power cord from the product, and then remove the pickup roller.
- Dab a lint-free cloth in isopropyl alcohol, and then scrub the roller.WARNING:Alcohol is flammable. Keep the alcohol and cloth away from an open flame. Before you close the product and plug in the power cord, allow the alcohol to dry completely.
- Using a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe the pickup roller to remove loosened dirt.
- Allow the pickup roller to dry completely before you reinstall it in the product.
- Reconnect the power cord.
Clean the paper path
If you are experiencing toner specks or dots on the printouts, clean the paper path. This process uses a transparency to remove dust and toner from the paper path. Do not use bond or rough paper.
NOTE:For best results, use a sheet of transparency. If you do not have any transparencies, you can use copier-grade media (60 to 163 g/m2) that has a smooth surface.
- Make sure that the product is idle and the ready light is on.
- Load paper in the input tray.
- Open the printer Properties.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- In the Cleaning Page area, click the Start button to process the cleaning page.
NOTE:The cleaning process takes about 2 minutes. The cleaning page stops periodically during the cleaning process. Do not turn the product off until the cleaning process has finished. You might need to repeat the cleaning process several times to thoroughly clean the product.
Clean the print-cartridge area
You do not need to clean the print-cartridge area often. However, cleaning this area can improve the quality of the printed sheets.
WARNING:Before changing the separation pad, turn the product off, disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet, and then wait for the product to cool.
- Disconnect the power cord from the product. Open the print-cartridge door, and then remove the print cartridge.removing print cartridgeCAUTION:Do not touch the black-sponge transfer roller inside the product. Doing so can damage the product.CAUTION:To prevent damage, do not expose the print cartridge to light. Cover it with a piece of paper.
- With a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe any residue from the paper-path area and the print-cartridge cavity.Figure 9: Clean the media path
- Reinstall the print cartridge, and then close the print-cartridge door.Figure 10: Reinstall the print cartridge
- Unplug the power cord.Figure 11: Plug in the power cord