HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw support
Replacing the Imaging Drum
This document contains steps to replace the imaging drum. Replace the imaging drum for the following reasons:
- An 'Imaging Drum Low ' or an 'Imaging Drum Very Low ' message displays on the product control panel.NOTE:Actual remaining imaging drum life may vary.
- Repeated defects appear on printouts at the following intervals:
- 26 mm (1 in)
- 94 mm (3.7 in)
NOTE:The imaging drum installed in the product is covered by the product warranty. Replacement imaging drums have a one-year limited warranty from the date of installation. The imaging drum installation date displays on the Supplies Status page. HP's Premium Protection Warranty applies only to the print cartridges for the product.
Replacing the imaging drum
Follow these steps to replace the imaging drum.
- Open the print cartridge door.CAUTION:Wait until the 'Rotating ' message and the rotation sounds stop before you open the print cartridge door.
- Open the front cover.
- Lift the two levers that hold the imaging drum.
- Remove the old imaging drum.
- Unpack the new imaging drum. Place the used imaging drum in the bag and box for recycling.
- Remove the protective shield from the new imaging drum.CAUTION:To prevent damage to the imaging drum, do not expose it to light. If you need to keep the imaging drum outside the product for a short period, cover it with paper.Do not touch the green roller on the imaging drum. Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print quality issues.Figure 6: Do not touch the imaging drum roller
- Insert the new imaging drum into the product.
- Lower the imaging drum levers.
- Close the front cover.
- Close the print cartridge door.After you close the print cartridge door, the control panel displays the 'Calibrating ' message. Wait for the product to stop calibrating before proceeding.