Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer Series
This document contains specifications for your printer, including model numbers, system requirements, and print speed.
NOTE:Some Officejet 4500 All-in-One printer models do not have an automatic document feeder (ADF), so your printer might look slightly different than the one shown.
|Officejet 4500 printer model||Product number|
|Officejet 4500 (G510a) All-in-One Printer||CM753A|
|Officejet 4500 (G510b) All-in-One Printer||CM754A|
|Officejet 4500 (G510g) All-in-One Printer||CB867A|
|Officejet 4500 (G510n) Wireless All-in-One Printer||CN547A|
The following table contains connectivity options.
|Series||USB||Wireless network||Wired network (Ethernet)|
|HP Officejet 4500 Wireless (G510n)||Yes||Yes||No|
|HP Officejet 4500 (G510g)||Yes||No||Yes|
|HP Officejet 4500 Desktop (G510a)||Yes||No||No|
The following tables contain the minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements for supported Windows and Mac operating systems.
Windows system requirements
Supported Windows operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
NOTE:For Windows XP SP1 Starter Edition, Windows Vista Starter Edition, and Windows 7 Starter Edition, only printer drivers, scan drivers, and the Toolbox are available.
|Component||Minimum system requirement||Recommended system requirement|
|Processor||Windows XP (32-bit)||Intel Pentium II or Celeron processor||Intel Pentium III or higher processor|
|Windows Vista||800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Windows 7||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB|
|Windows 8||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|RAM||Windows XP (32-bit)||512 MB||512 MB|
|Windows Vista||512 MB||1 GB|
|Windows 7||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB (32-bit) or 2.5 (64-bit) GB|
|Windows 8||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB|
|Free disk space||Windows XP (32-bit)||790 MB||850 MB|
|Windows Vista||1.15 GB||1.2 GB|
|Windows 7||200 MB||2.5 GB|
|Windows 8||2 GB||2 GB|
|Browser||Windows XP (32-bit)||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Windows Vista||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Windows 7||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or later|
|Windows 8||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or later|
|Other||Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later|
Mac OS X v10.4, OS X v10.5, OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion.
|Height||216.7 mm (8.5 inches)|
165.1 mm (6.5 inches)*
|Width||433.5 mm (17.1 inches)|
|Depth||401.5 mm (15.8 inches)|
|Weight||5.9 kg (13 lb)|
*Only pertains to models that do not have an automatic document feeder
|Americas, Korea||Europe||Russia, Japan, Middle East, and Africa||Asia Pacific|
|Black cartridge (standard yield)||HP 901 Black||HP 901 Black||HP 901 Black||HP 901 Black|
|Black cartridge (high yield)||HP 901XL Black||HP 901XL Black||HP 901XL Black||HP 901XL Black|
|Color cartridge (standard yield)||HP 901 Tri-color||HP 901 Tri-colour||HP 901 Tri-colour||HP 901 Tri-color|
Which cartridges you use might depend on your country/region. Follow these steps to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
NOTE:For the United States only, go to the HP Home & Home Office Store .
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Review the following tables for specifications regarding paper handling.
|Input tray||Paper||60 to 105 g/m2 (16 to 28 lb bond)||Up to 100 sheets of plain paper (25 mm [1 inch] stacked)|
|Transparencies||n/a||Up to 100 sheets (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)|
|Photo paper||280 g/m2 (75 lb bond)||Up to 100 sheets (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)|
|Labels||n/a||Up to 100 sheets (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)|
|Envelopes||75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb bond envelope)||Up to 30 sheets (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)|
|Cards||Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index)||Up to 80 cards|
|Automatic document feeder (ADF)*||Paper||75 g/m2 (20 lb index)||Up to 20 sheets of plain paper (5 mm [0.2 inch] stacked)|
|Output tray||All supported media||n/a||Up to 50 sheets of plain paper (text printing)|
*Only on some models
|Paper type||Paper size|
|U.S. Legal||216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)|
|A4||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)|
|U.S. Executive||184 x 267 mm (7.25 x 10.5 inches)|
|B5||176 x 250 mm (6.9 x 9.8 inches)|
|A5||148 x 210 mm (5.8 x 8.3 inches)|
|Borderless A4||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)|
|Borderless A5||148 x 210 mm (5.8 x 8.3 inches)|
|Borderless B5||182 x 257 mm (7.17 x 10.12 inches)|
|Borderless 4 x 8 tab||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)|
|Borderless 4 x 6 tab||101.6 x 152.4 mm (4 x 6 inches)|
|Borderless HV||101 x 180 mm (4.0 x 7.1 inches)|
|Borderless A6||105 x 148 mm (4.1 x 5.8 inches)|
|Borderless cabinet||120 x 165 mm (4.7 x 6.5 inches)|
|Borderless (13 x 18 cm)||130 x 180 mm (5.1 x 7.1 inches)|
|Borderless||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)|
|10 x 15 cm||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)|
|4 x 6 inches||101.6 x 152.4 mm (4 x 6 inches)|
|HV||101 x 180 mm (4.0 x 7.1 inches)|
|Cabinet size||120 x 165 mm (4.7 x 6.5 inches)|
|13 x 18 cm||130 x 180 mm (5.1 x 7.1 inches)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|U.S. #10 Envelope||105 x 241 mm (4.12 x 9.5 inches)|
|Monarch Envelope||98 x 191 mm (3.88 x 7.5 inches)|
|Card Envelope||111 x 152 mm (4.4 x 6 inches)|
|A2 Envelope||111 x 146 mm (4.37 x 5.75 inches)|
|DL Envelope||110 x 220 mm (4.3 x 8.7 inches)|
|C6 Envelope||114 x 162 mm (4.5 x 6.4 inches)|
|No. 6 3/4 Envelope||92.2 x 165.1 mm (3.63 x 6.5 inches)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Index card||76.2 x 127 mm (3 x 5 inches)|
|Index card||102 x 152 mm (4 x 6 inches)|
|Index card||127 x 203 mm (5 x 8 inches)|
|A6 card||105 x 148.5 mm (4.13 x 5.83 inches)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Photo paper||89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5 inches)|
|Photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4 x 6 inches)|
|Photo paper||127 x 178 mm (5 x 7 inches)|
|Photo paper||203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 inches)|
|Photo paper||254 x 381 mm (10 x 15 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4 x 6 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||127 x 178 mm (5 x 7 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||203 x 254 mm (8 x 10 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||254 x 381 mm (10 x 15 inches)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Custom-sized paper||Between 76.2 to 210 mm wide and 102 to 762 mm long (3 to 8.5 inches wide and 4 to 30 inches long)|
The document margins must match (or exceed) these margin settings in portrait orientation.
|Media||1. Left margin||2. Right margin||3. Top margin||4. Bottom margin*|
|3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)|
|Envelopes||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||14.3 mm (0.563 inch)|
*To achieve this margin setting on a computer running Windows, click the Advanced tab in the print driver, and select Minimize Margins.
- Black print resolution: Up to 600 dpi rendered black
- Color print resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color on select HP photo papers with 1200 input dpi. Photo papers include the following:
- HP Premium Plus Photo
- HP Premium Photo
- HP Advanced Photo
- Device languages: HP PCL 3 GUI
- Duty cycle: Up to 3000 pages per month
- Print speed: up to 30/24 ppm
- Digital image processing
- Up to 100 copies from original (varies by model)
- Digital zoom: from 25 to 400% (varies by model)
- Fit to page, pre-scan
- Copy speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Image editor included
- Integrated OCR software automatically converts scanned text to editable text
- Scan speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Twain-compliant interface
- Resolution: 2400 x 4800 ppi optical, up to 19,200 ppi enhanced
- Color: 16-bit per RGB color, 48-bit total
- Maximum scan size from glass: 216 x 297 mm (8.5 x 11.7 inches)
- Walk-up black-and-white and color fax capability.
- Up to 99 speed dials (varies by model).
- Up to 100-page memory (varies by model, based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution takes longer and uses more memory. Also, other product functions, such as copying, might affect the number of pages that can be stored in memory.
- Manual fax send and receive.
- Automatic busy redial up to five times (varies by model).
- Confirmation and activity reports.
- CCITT/ITU Group 3 fax with Error Correction Mode.
- 33.6 Kbps transmission.
- Three seconds per page speed at 33.6 Kbps (based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution take longer and use more memory.
- Phone line support:
- Analog line - HP printers are designed specifically for use with traditional analog phone services.
- Digital Service Line / VOIP Service - HP does not guarantee that the printer will be compatible with all digital service lines or providers, in all digital environments, with VOIP, or with all digital-to-analog converters.
- Ring detect with automatic fax/answering machine switching.
|Photo (dpi)||Very Fine (dpi)||Fine (dpi)||Standard (dpi)|
|Black||196 x 203 (8-bit grayscale)||300 x 300||296 x 203||196 x 98|
|Color||300 x 300||200 x 200||200 x 200||200 x 200|
- Power supply: Universal power adapter (external)
- Power requirements:
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60 Hz (± 3Hz)
- Output voltage: 32 Vdc at 625 mA
- Power consumption
- 28.4 watts printing (Fast Draft Mode)
- 32.5 watts copying (Fast Draft Mode)
Print in Draft mode, noise levels per ISO 7779
- Sound pressure (bystander position): LpAd 56 (dBA)
- Sound power: LwAd 7.0 (BA)
Review the following sections for environmental specifications.
- Operating temperature: 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
- Recommended operating conditions: 15° to 32° C (59° to 90° F)
- Recommended relative humidity: 20 to 80% noncondensing
- Storage temperature: -40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)
- Storage relative humidity: Up to 90% noncondensing at a temperature of 65° C (150° F)
This product is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR®, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site (in English).
Material safety data sheets
To view Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), go to http://www.hp.com/go/msds (in English).
This product generates no appreciable ozone gas (O3).
Paper and plastic use
This product is suited for the use of recycled paper according to DIN 19309 and EN 12281:2002. Plastic parts over 25 grams (0.88 ounces) are marked according to international standards that enhance the ability to identify plastics for recycling purposes at the end of product life.
HP offers an increasing number of product return and recycling programs in many countries and regions, and partners with some of the largest electronic recycling centers throughout the world. HP conserves resources by reselling some of its most popular products. For more information about the recycling of HP products, go to www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/recycle/ (in English).
The following sections contain information about the product and regulatory specifications.
Regulatory model number
For regulatory identification purposes, your product is assigned a Regulatory Model Number. The Regulatory Model Number for your product is SNPRC-0902-01 or SDGOB-0833. This regulatory number should not be confused with the marketing name (HP Officejet 4500 (G510) All-in-One series) or product number.
Exposure to radio frequency radiation
The radiated output power of this device is far below the FCC radio frequency exposure limits. Nevertheless, the device shall be used in such a manner that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized. This product and any attached external antenna, if supported, shall be placed in such a manner to minimize the potential for human contact during normal operation. In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the FCC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 20 cm (8 inches) during normal operation.