Motherboard Specifications, MS-7174 (Gypsum)
Motherboard specifications table
|Part / Feature||Specification / Support|
|Onboard audio||Integrated Intel High Definition (TM) audio (Azalia)
|Back panel I/0|
NOTE:Motherboard specifications are subject to change without notice.
Motherboard layout and photos
Clearing the CMOS settings
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
Clear RTC RAM (3-pin JBAT1)
There is a CMOS RAM on board that has a power supply from external battery to keep the system configuration data. With the CMOS RAM, the system can automatically boot OS every time it is turned on. If you want to clear the system configuration, use the JBAT1 (Clear CMOS Jumper ) to clear data. Follow the instructions below to clear the data:
- Turn off the PC and unplug the power cord.
- Temporarily set the jumper labeled "JBAT1" to pins 2-3.
- Wait at least 6 seconds and then return the jumper to pins 1-2
- Plug the power cord and turn on the computer.
- Hold down the F1 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter/reset any custom BIOS settings.
CAUTION: Avoid clearing the CMOS while the system is on; it will damage the motherboard.
Clearing the password settings
CAUTION:Do not change any jumper setting while the system is running. Damage to the motherboard may result.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking. To erase the BIOS password follow these steps: