HP Pavilion Elite m9400t CTO Desktop PC support
Motherboard Specifications, IPIBL-LB (Benicia)
- Manufacturer's motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB
- HP/Compaq name: Benicia-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.5 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.5 cm (9.6 inches)
- Intel G33
- 800/1066/1333 MHz
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Intel Core 2 Quad (Y) Q9xxxx
- Intel Core 2 Duo (W) E8xxx
- Intel Core 2 Quad (K) up to Q6600
- Core 2 Duo E6x00 (C) up to E6700
- Core 2 Duo E4x00 (C) up to E4400
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 8 GB on 64 bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs
*32-bit operating systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed
- Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Audio CODEC: ALC888S
- 7.1 channel high-definition audio
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek 8111C
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI
- One PCI Express x16
- Two PCI Express x1
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse port (green)
2 - Coaxial SPDIF Out
3 - Video Graphics Adapter
4 - IEEE 1394a
5 - RJ45 Network (LAN)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
8 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
9 - Audio: Line put (lime)
10 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
11 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
12 - USB 2.0 ports 1, 2, 3, and 4
13 - Coaxial SPDIF In
14 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- Six SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- Three USB 2.0 headers supporting 6 USB ports or devices
- One IEEE 1394a header
- One SPDIF audio output header
- One 4-pin audio line-input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (2x8 HDMI connector)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 4-6.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If the BIOS password has been forgotten, disable password checking to enter setup and change or erase the password.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLEAR_PWD. In the default (normal) position the jumper is on pins 3-5.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLEAR_PWD to pins 1-3 to clear password.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 3-5.