: Control-panel components
- Toner LED – Blinks when there is an issue with the toner (problem with cartridge, missing cartridge, etc.), and is usually accompanied by a message on the display.
- Attention LED – Blinking when there is an issue (usually accompanied by a message on the display (paper jam, door open, etc.).
- Power LED – Solid when in a ready state, and blinking when busy.
2-line Display – Used to display messages, menu navigation, printer status, time, etc.
- Copy settings button – Press button to scroll through available copy settings (reduce/enlarge, # of copies, light/dark, etc.).
- Setup button – Brings up the menu on the screen.
- Left/Right Arrow buttons – Used to navigate through the menus and options.
- OK button – Used to confirm a change in a menu.
- Cancel button – Used to cancel a print, scan, or copy job, and to back out of menus to the home screen.
- Copy button – Press to make a copy with current settings.
- Back button – Used to back out of menus to the home screen.
- Send Fax button – Press to initiate a fax.
- Redial button – Used to retry a fax, or redial the last fax recipient.
- Light/Dark Copy Setting shortcut – Used to go to the copy settings – light/dark screen.
Number Pad – Used to enter phone numbers for faxing, or to enter the number of copies manually (when in the copy settings, # of copies screen).