HP LaserJet 5L/6L Printer Will Not Print with External CD-Writer
After installing an external HP CD-Writer Plus drive, the HP LaserJet 5L/6L printer will not print. To resolve this issue, you will need to check which driver is used and either uninstall it or disable the status monitor.
Printing after installing an external HP CD-Writer Plus drive
- Verify which HP LaserJet 5L/6L printer driver is installed in the system. Click Start, point to Settings, and click Printers. The drivers are listed as either HP LaserJet 5L/6L or HP LaserJet 5L/6L PCL.
- If the printer driver is listed as HP LaserJet 5L/6L, you need to uninstall the driver from your system.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to HP LaserJet 6L, and click Uninstall, to uninstall the program.
- Perform a custom install of the printer and click to clear the option for the PCL Status Monitor.
- If the printer driver is listed as HP LaserJet 5L/6L PCL, you need to disable the Status Monitor.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to HP LaserJet 6L PCL, and click Status Monitor.
- Click Options and click to clear the bottom check box. This disables the Status Monitor.
- Click Exit and click OK.