Configuring ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 firewall to Allow a Connection with the All-in-One
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 firewall blocks certain functions of the HP networked product. You might be unable to fax, scan, and access display ink levels on the networked HP product. An error messages might display during the execution of certain functions.
This document provides steps for configuring ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 firewall to allow a connection with the product. These configuration steps work with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP operating systems.
Configuring ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 firewall to allow a connection with the All-in-One
Whenever connecting to a new network, the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 firewall detects the new network and displays a New Network Found window.
Follow these steps to configure the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 with your product.
Step one: Add the network to a trusted zone
Follow these steps to add the network to a trusted zone.
- In the New Network Found window, select Allow into Trusted Zone .
- Enter a network name (optional).
- Select Automatically configure this network if I add it to the Trusted Zone .
- Click OK to set your default network profile to “Trusted.”
Step two: Change network profile from "Internet" to "Trusted"
NOTE:If your ZoneAlarm network profile was previously set to “Internet Zone,” follow the steps below to set the network profile to “Trusted Zone”. If your ZoneAlarm network profile is already set to Trusted, skip to step 5 and click Apply .
Follow these steps to change your network(s) from "Internet" to "Trusted."
- Click the ZoneAlarm 2011 icon ( ) in the Task Bar, or click the ZoneAlarm 2011 icon ( ) on the desktop. The ZoneAlarm 2011 main window appears.
- Select Firewall , and then select Zones from the Firewall drop-down menu.
- Select the network for your product.
- In the Zone column, on the line for your selected network, click Internet , and then select Trusted to change the network to "Trusted."
- Click Apply , and then close the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2011 window.NOTE:
- If the HP product software is not yet installed, install it using the CD that came with your product. If you see firewall alerts while installing the software or when connecting to your network, click Allow so that the software can install and connect.
- If the software is already installed, click your product icon in the Start menu or double-click the shortcut on the Desktop.