HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One B210 series - 'At least one of the cartridges has a problem' Error Message Appears on the Product Display
The message might indicate which cartridge is causing the problem. If so, try the following solutions to resolve the issue. Solutions are listed in order, with the most likely solution first. If the first solution does not solve the problem, continue trying the remaining solutions until the issue is resolved.
Solution one: Remove and reinsert the cartridges
- After you know which cartridge is the problem cartridge, continue with this solution.Remove and reinsert the problem cartridge. It might be the black cartridge and/or any one of the color cartridges. Verify that they are fully inserted and locked in place. Make sure the cartridges are installed into the correct slots. Match the color and icon of each cartridge to the color and icon of each slot.Make sure the cartridges are installed correctly
- Make sure the product is turned on.CAUTION:If the product is turned off when you open the cartridge door to access the cartridges, it will not release the cartridges for changing. You might damage the product if the cartridges are not docked safely when you try to remove them.Open the cartridge door.The print carriage moves to the center of the product.Graphic - Open the cartridge doorRemove a cartridge by pressing on the tab and removing the cartridge from the slot.Reinsert the cartridge by sliding it forward into the slot until it clicks.Graphic - Reinsert a cartridge in the correct slotRepeat steps c and d for each of the remaining cartridges.
Solution two: Clean the electrical contacts
- Make sure the product is turned on.Open the cartridge door.The print carriage moves to the center of the product.Graphic - Open the cartridge doorLocate the ink cartridge that is indicated in the error message, and then press the tab on the ink cartridge to release it from the slot.Graphic - Press the tab on the ink cartridge to remove itHold the cartridge by its sides with the bottom pointing up and locate the electrical contacts on the cartridge.The electrical contacts are four small rectangles of copper or gold-colored metal on the bottom of the cartridge.Graphic - Locate the electrical contacts1 Ink window2 Electrical contactsWipe the contacts with a dry swab or lint-free cloth.On the inside of the product, locate the contacts in the printhead.The contacts look like four copper or gold-colored pins set in the casing.Graphic - Locate the contacts on the printheadUse a dry swab or lint-free cloth to wipe the contacts.Reinsert the cartridge.Graphic - Reinstall the ink cartridgeClose the cartridge door.If you still receive the error message, turn the product off, and then on again.
Solution three: Replace the cartridges
- If the error has not been resolved in the solution above, continue with this solution.Replace the cartridges that are causing the problem.To find the compatible cartridge number, look at the stickers near the cartridges inside the printer cover.
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.