Aligning the Cartridges: Windows
This document applies to the HP Deskjet 810C, 830C, 840C, 880C, and 895C printers.
This document explains how and when to align the cartridges in a Windows operating system.
If the print driver from the Add Printer Wizard was installed in Windows 2000, the alignment is done in the printer Properties .
- Click Start , click Settings , and then click Printers .
- Right-click the HP Deskjet icon.
- Click Properties , and then click Services .
- Click Align the cartridges . The printer aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
Follow these steps to align the cartridges in a Windows operating system.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Make sure that plain, white paper is loaded in the paper tray.
- Double-click the HP Toolbox icon. In Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.0, double-click the HP Deskjet 8xxC Series Toolbox icon on the Windows desktop. In Windows 3.1x, double-click the HP Deskjet 8xxC Series Toolbox icon in the HP Deskjet 8xxC program group.
- Select the Printer Services tab, and then select Align the print cartridges .
- Click Align . The printer aligns the cartridges, and an alignment page prints.
- The Align Print Cartridges screen displays on your computer.Examine the alignment page, and then identify the best-aligned pattern in each of the four sets .On the computer, click the pattern numbers in each set that you chose on the alignment page.
- Click Continue . Your printer prints another alignment page. The lines in these patterns should be straight.
- If the lines are straight, click Done . Otherwise, click Align , and then repeat these steps to align the cartridges again. The printer might need to align the cartridges several times to restore print quality.
When should I align the cartridges?
- As a final step in setting up your printer
- Whenever you install a new cartridge
- If the colored ink and black ink do not line up on the printed page
- If you have deleted and reinstalled the printer driver software