Logo Startup Screen is Missing
This information applies to HP or Compaq desktop computers.
The computer might be faster than the monitor warm-up time. To see the logo screens and the information displayed at this time, turn on the monitor a few seconds before you turn on the computer. If the logo screen does not display after 3 three seconds, press CTRL + ALT + DEL to quickly restart the computer and resend the screen information to the monitor.
Also, the HP or Compaq logo screen does not display when the computer starts. Instead, an MS-DOS screen with system information displays.
Follow these steps to enable or disable the HP or Compaq logo screen:
- Restart the computer.
- If your computer came with Vista or later, press F10 repeatedly to enter the system BIOS screen.If your computer came with XP or earlier, press F1 repeatedly to enter the system BIOS screen.
- Select the Boot section using the right arrow key.
- Select Boot-time Diagnostic Screen using the up and down arrow keys.
- Press Enter to select boot-time diagnostic.
- Select Disabled to show the logo screen or select Enabled to remove the logo screen and display diagnostics.
- Press Enter.
- Press F10, and then press Enter to save the changes and exit the system BIOS.The start up screen has been enabled.