Keyboard Software (Windows XP, Me, 98)
This document pertains to all One-Touch Multimedia and Internet keyboards.
CAUTION:If you cannot configure the Multimedia or Internet keyboard buttons in Windows XP (the buttons tab is missing), download and install the HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver Update - sp26752 . After installing the update, restart the computer and configure the buttons again. This issue occurs when Microsoft update MS06-015 is installed.
CAUTION:HP drivers are intended to be installed on versions of Windows that originally shipped with the computer. If you have installed a different operating system on the computer, download the drivers at your own risk.
Before you begin
If you already have a multimedia keyboard driver installed in a computer with Windows 9x and Me, use the following steps to remove the Multimedia keyboard driver from the computer. If the computer has Windows XP, skip this section.
- Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Keyboard icon.
- In Windows 98 and Me, click the Keyboard Manager tab.
- In Window 98 and Me, remove the checkmark next to Enable multimedia buttons and on-screen display.
- Click OK to close the Keyboard window.
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel.
- Find the name of the keyboard in the list (probably One-touch Multimedia keyboard) and click the Add or Remove button.
- Click Yes on the Confirm File Deletion window that displays and wait for Windows to remove the files.
- Restart the computer after the keyboard driver is removed.
Downloading and installing the keyboard software
For the Windows XP keyboard driver, download and install SP26752 - HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver Update .
If your computer is not using Windows XP, use the following steps to download the latest keyboard software for your HP or Compaq desktop computer:
- Go to the Software & Driver Downloads page.
- Type the model (product) number of your HP or Compaq computer (such as m1070n, 510n, 2755) into the product box.NOTE:If you do not know the model (product) number of your computer, see the following support documents:
- Select the version of Windows that is being used for your computer.A Web page containing a list of available drivers and software updates displays.
- Select an available software download from the Keyboard section of the download page.
- Read and follow the instructions on the download page.