Transferring Data to Mobile Phone Using the Infrared Port
To transfer data from the Jornada unit to the mobile phone via infrared, follow these instructions.
- Tap and hold the Information tab and then select Send via Infrared.
- Point the Infrared port of the Jornada unit towards the Infrared port of the mobile phone.
- The transfer should occur.
- If there are any problems with the data transfer, check the following.
- Transfer only one file at a time, or no more than 25 contact cards at a time.
- Infrared ports should be between 5 cm (2 inches) and 1 meter (3 feet) apart.
- Nothing should be between the two infrared ports.
- Some types of lighting interfere with infrared communication. Adjust the room lighting, or turn off some lights.
- If problems continue, try moving to a different location.