Installation of HP Capshare PC Software in Microsoft (R) Windows NT
How to install the information appliance utility software on Windows NT.
- If the HP Capshare Utility is already on the system it is recommended to uninstall before the newer HP Capshare Software is installed.NOTE: Be advised that all currently running programs should be closed before installing the HP Capshare software. Here is how to exit all currently running programs: On the keyboard, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE (at the same time) to bring up the Close Programs screen. On the Close Programs screen, highlight the program to be closed and click End Task. Repeat the process, beginning with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, until all programs except Explorer have ended. Some, but not all, programs will generate a "program not responding" message. If you see this message, simply click End Task at the bottom of the message. Programs ended in this manner will return when the computer is restarted.
- Once all programs have been exited, insert the HP Capshare Software CD-ROM and wait for auto start to bring up the introduction screen.NOTE: On some computers, the Automatic Start for the CD-ROM drive may be disabled or nonexistent. If so, manually launch the installation program: Click Start, go to Run, and choose Browse. In the Browse box, find and click the down arrow at the end of the Look in: box. Be sure to scroll up or down to find Capshare. Click Capshare to place it in the Look in: box. Find and double-click the setup.exe. At the Run box, click OK.
- When you click Install, the installation program will prepare the Install Shield and the Welcome Screen will be displayed.
- After the Welcome Screen appears, click the Next button to proceed to the License Agreement screen.
- Once you have read the Software License Agreement, click Yes to continue.
- In the Choose Destination Location screen, accept the default (usually the best choice) or select another destination location by using the Browse button. This box defines the location for most of the Capshare files. Click Next to continue.
- In the Select Program Folder box, accept the default program folder (again, usually the best choice) or choose another folder from the large box below. This box defines the entry seen in the programs list (start\programs\HP Capshare). Click Next to continue.
- The Information screen simply lists the next three installation steps that are about to occur; click Next through these screens.
- After the status bar shows files being copied, the HP Capshare Settings screen appears and lists the upcoming steps; click Next.
- The Communication screen then appears and is used to determine the method of communication from the PC to the information appliance. You must make a selection on this screen (any settings selected at this point are easily changed later). Select Serial On option, you must then designate the COM port where the serial cable will be attached. The Advanced button allows transfer rate adjustment and is currently set to the fastest (and most typical) rate. Click Next.
- In Receiving Documents, you need to specify how documents will be handled when sent to the PC. After you have chosen one of three file management methods, click Next.Method One: Use Auto save to file directly to any folder on the PC using one of the three file-naming conventions shown on the screen. The number of file format choices will vary with the version of the software. Any choice(s) offered will be as universally useful as possible.Method Two: Use the Save-to-File Assistant to choose file names, locations, and formats manually for each file transferred.Method Three: Use the save to Pagis Inbox (Comes with HP Capshare 920 information appliance)
- Click Finish in the box labeled: To Change Settings Later.
- If you already have Adobe (R) Acrobat (R) version 3.01 or higher, you may click cancel; otherwise, proceed with the installation of Adobe Acrobat as follows:
- Welcome, click Next.
- Software License Agreement, click Yes.
- Choose Destination Location (the default is usually best); click Next.
- After the status bar has finished running, the Setup Complete screen is displayed; you have the option to view the Acrobat readme file. In either case, click Finish on the Setup.
- Complete screen.
- Click OK on the Adobe Acrobat 3.01's Setup Complete screen.
- Click Finish on the Capshare's Setup Complete screen.NOTE: The reboot screen will be displayed only on systems, which will require a reboot in order to operate correctly.