Changing the Language on the Printer's LCD
How to change the Language on Printer's Front Panel Screen.
- Switch the HP Photosmart Printer on.
- Simultaneously press and hold the OK/YES and CANCEL/NO buttons for approximately 5 seconds.
- When the LCD screen shows a prompt: Select language? press YES to display the first available language.
- Use the Choose Photos rocker switch to scroll to the desired language then press OK/YES. To see the English, French, German, Spanish and Italian translations, please check the language matrix below.
- Each language will appear in its native form and each change of language begins with a confirmation question, in that language, to continue with the new setting. When you have located your language of choice, press OK .NOTE: This solution may not be applicable to a very limited number of US-made beta versions of the HP Photosmart P1000 Printer that have received a firmware flash. It most certainly is applicable to manufacturer's released products (MR's).
All MR'd printers should have front panels capable of language change. Front Panels (8051 code) must be of Version 0xc8 or higher. (You can determine the code by going into the Paper Localization/Firmware check mode Copies+ and Photo size+ for 5 sec's). The 3rd or 4th item is the 8051 CODE, which is the revision number of the front panel. Most pre-MR'd units have 0xc7 front panels, which did not allow front panel localization.
|Language||Select Language||Use Language||Confirmation||All Photos Status|
|English||English||SELECT LANGUAGE?||Use English?||You selected English||ALL PHOTOS|
|French||Francais||SELECT. UNE LANGUE?||Utiliser francais?||Vous avez choisi Francais||TTES. LES PHOTOS|
|German||Deutsch||SPRACHE AUSWÄHLEN?||Deutsch verwenden?||Deutsch wurde ausgewählt||ALLE FOTOS|
|Spanish||Español||SELECCIONAR IDIOMA?||Usar Español?||Ha seleccionado Español||TODAS LAS FOTOS|
|Italian||Italiano||SELEZIONARE LINGUA?||Usare italiano?||Selezionato Italiano||TUTTE LE FOTO|