HP Photosmart Scanner Software CD for Microsoft (R) Windows XP
Hewlett-Packard has developed software for the HP Photosmart S20 series scanner for Microsoft(R) Windows XP. You have the option of downloading the software from HP or ordering a CD. Use the links in the table below the installation instructions to access and download the Windows XP compatible scanning software.
Downloading and installing the software
The download page will give the following two options: “Run this program from its current location” or “Save this program to disk”.
Run this program from its current location
- Select Run this program from its current location , then click OK . A download window will appear.
- The self-extracting Zip file will download to a temporary directory on the computer system. When the download is complete, the files are automatically extracted and the program is launched.
- Follow the screen prompts to install the HP Photosmart scanning software.
Save this program to disk
- Select Save this program to disk , then click OK . A Save as window will appear.
- Specify the location on the computer system where the file will be downloaded (or accept the default) and then click Save . A downloading window will appear.
- When the download has completed, browse to the downloaded file and double-click the file saved. A WinZip Self-Extractor window will appear.
- Click Unzip . The files are extracted and the setup program is automatically launched.
- Follow the screen prompts to install the HP scanning software.
Installing the HP software driver for Windows XP
If the Windows XP software driver did not come with the HP Photosmart scanner or you choose not to download the file from the Web, go to the Software & Driver downloads webpage for your product, select the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, and select the CD-ROM order page option to order a CD.
Installing HP software drivers for Windows XP from the CD
- Close all applications (except for Windows). Insert the HP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. The Installer starts.NOTE: If the Installer does not start, click Start , and then Run . In the Open box, type: D:\setup.exe (where D is the letter of the CD-ROM drive).
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen.