How to Calibrate the Printer
This document is for the Photosmart 325, 335, 375, 385, 420, 425, 428, and 7620 printers.
A calibration page is used to align the print cartridge. The printer will automatically attempt to print a calibration page the first time a new cartridge is inserted into the printer. A calibration page can be initiated manually to troubleshoot various print quality and formatting issues.
Calibrate the printer with the HP Toolbox
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Printers.
- Right-click the icon of the printer in use.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click Open the HP Photosmart Toolbox or Service this device.
- Click the Device Services tab. This tab does not display in Windows XP; proceed to the next step.
- Click Calibrate the Device or Clean the Print Cartridges or Align the printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.NOTE:The HP Toolbox can also be opened by right-clicking the HP Photosmart taskbar icon and clicking Open Toolbox.