HP Photosmart 2600 and 2700 All-in-One Printer Series- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the product and check the contents of the box
- Attach the control-panel overlay (if not attached)
- Load plain white paper
- Connect the power cord and telephone cord
- Turn the All-in-One on
- Install the cartridges
- Set the date and time
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the printer software.
NOTE:Do not connect a USB cable now. If you plan to use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during the software installation.
Step one: Unpack the product and check the contents of the box
Remove the tape from the outside of the product and check the components that came with your product.
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Attach the control-panel overlay (if not attached)
- Position the control panel overlay above the product.
- Press down firmly on all edges and in the center of the overlay to secure it.
- Lift the color graphics display. For best viewing, remove the protective film from the display.
Step three: Load plain white paper
- Remove the output tray.
- Slide the paper width guide all the way to the left, and then pull the paper length guide as far away from the product as possible.
- Insert a stack of plain white letter or A4 paper into the paper tray, and then slide the paper guides snugly against the paper.
- Replace the output tray.
Step four: Connect the power cord and telephone cord
- Connect the power cord and adapter.
- Connect one end of the supplied telephone cord to the port on the left (1-LINE ) and the other to a wall jack. To connect an answering machine or to use a different telephone cord, see the User Guide.
Step five: Turn the All-in-One on
Press the On button. The green light flashes, and then becomes solid. This might take up to a minute.
Wait for the cartridge prompt before continuing.
Step six: Install the cartridges
You must leave the product turned on to install or remove the cartridges.
- Lift the access door until it stops.
- Press down and lift up the green and black latches on the carriage.
- Pull the pink tab to remove the tape from both cartridges.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or re-tape the cartridges. This can damage the cartridges.
- With the label facing up, insert each cartridge into the carriage, and then push it in firmly until it stops.
- Insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot
- Insert the black cartridge in the right slot.
- Push down on the latches to close them, and then close the access door.
- Press OK at each of the prompts on the control panel to start the cartridge alignment process.The alignment might take a few minutes. After the page prints, alignment is complete.
- Check the display for the status, and then press OK . Recycle or discard the alignment page.
Step seven: Set the date and time
Follow these steps if you need to reset the date and time on your product:
- Press the Setup button, press 4 , and then press 1 .
- Enter the month, day, and year by pressing the appropriate numbers on the keypad. Depending on your country/region setting, you might enter the date in a different order.
- Enter the hours and minutes.If your time is displayed in the 12-hour format, the AM or PM prompt automatically appears after you enter the last digit.
- If prompted, press 1 for AM, or 2 for PM.The new date and time settings appear on the display.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system and type of connection.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect a USB cable now. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Installing the Product Software in Windows XP for a USB Cable Connection (c02283843) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows Vista for a USB Cable Connection (c02283673) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Mac OS X for a USB Cable Connection (c02282571) (in English)|
|Ethernet (wired) Network Connection|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows XP for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (c01708573) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows Vista for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (c01710874) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Macintosh OS X for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (c01751925) (in English)|
|Wireless Network Connection (only for HP Photosmart models 2710 and 2713)|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows XP and Vista for a Wireless Network Connection (Using an Access Point) (c00587097) (in English)|