Microsoft Backup Utility Does Not Appear In the System Tools
Microsoft Backup utility does not appear in the system tools.
It is possible to install this utility in those HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario Desktop computers bundled with the Application Recovery Tool feature.
To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Click on Start , All programs , and then Hewlett-Packard or Compaq .NOTE:If the folder Hewlett-Packard or Compaq does not appear, skip to the next step.
- Then, click on any of the folders below (just one of them will be available depending on the model of your computer):
and then HP or Compaq Application Recovery .
- HP Pavilion PC Tools ,
- Compaq Presario PC Tools ,
- PC Help and Tools , or
- PC Recovery Tools .
- Add a checkmark in the Application Installation field and click Next .
- Add a checkmark next to the Microsoft Valueadd Folder entry and click Install .The installation will begin.
- After the installation is finished, click on OK in the Installation window.
- Click on Quit in the Application Recovery window.
- Open a Windows Explorer browser by pressing the Alt and E keys at the same time.
- On the left part of the browser, click on the + sign next to the following folders: C: , I386 , VALUEADD , MSFT and NTBACKUP (See note 1 in the graphic below).
- Some files will appear on the right part of the browser. Double-click the NTBACKUP.MSI file. (See the note 2 in the graphic above)
- When the installation is finished, click on Finish .
Now, the Microsoft Backup utility will be available by clicking on Start , All programs , Accessories , System Tool , and Backup .
To know how to use the Microsoft Backup utility, check the microsoft page Windows XP Backup Made Easy .
NOTE:The link above will take the user outside the Hewlett-Packard Web site. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.
Microsoft Backup utility is not preinstalled in those computers bundled with Windows XP.