Computer Does Not Communicate with the Printer in Windows
The computer does not communicate with the printer. Nothing prints.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product. The green power light is lit when the product is on.
- On your computer, open the Properties window.
- Windows XP: Click Start , click Printers and Faxes , right-click your product, and then click Properties .
- Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel , click Hardware and Sound , click Printer , right-click your product, and then click Properties .
- In the Properties window, click the Ports tab, click Enable bidirectional support , and then click Apply .
- In the Properties window, click the Configure tab, click On for Status, and then click Apply .
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, and then disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the product and from the computer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product, and then plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the product and to the computer.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Try the print job again.