Replacing Cartridges for HP Officejet 4300 All-in-One Printer Series
This document provides information about replacing print cartridges.
Replacing an ink cartridge
Follow these steps to replace and align the print cartridges.
Step one: Replace the old ink cartridge
- Verify that the unit is on. The On button is lit when the unit is on. If the device is not on, press the button to turn on the unit.CAUTION:If the unit is off when the print cartridge door is opened to gain access to the print cartridges, the unit will not release the cartridges for changing. Damage to the unit can result if the print cartridges are not docked safely on the right side before removal.
- Open the print cartridge door. The print carriage moves to the far right side of the unit.
- Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print cartridge to release it.
- When replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the left.
- When replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the slot on the right.
- Pull the print cartridge toward you and out of its slot.If the print cartridge is being removed because it is low or out of ink, recycle the print cartridge. The HP Inkjet Supplies Recycling Program is available in many countries/regions, and using the program to recycle used print cartridges is free of charge.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging.
- Remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 4: Removing the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
- When installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
- When installing a black print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
- Close the print-cartridge access door.
Step two: Align the new ink cartridge
The HP All-in-One prompts for an alignment of the cartridges every time a print cartridge is installed or replaced. Follow these steps to align the print cartridges from the control panel.
- Load unused, plain, white letter, A4, or legal paper into the input tray.NOTE:If colored paper is loaded in the input tray when the print cartridges are aligned, the alignment will fail. Load unused, plain, white paper into the input tray, and then try the alignment again.
- Press Setup.
- Press 6 to select Tools.
- Press 2 to select Align Print Cartridge.The unit prints a print cartridge alignment sheet.
- Load the alignment sheet print-side down and top first in the center of the document feeder tray, and then press OK.
- The unit aligns the print cartridges. Recycle or discard the print cartridge alignment sheet.
Other solutions customers found helpful
-- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies