HP Officejet 6300 All-in-One Printer Series- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the All-in-One
- Check the contents of the box
- Attach the control panel faceplate
- Attach the bottom paper tray
- Load plain white paper
- Connect the power cord and adapter
- Connect the phone cord
- Turn the All-in-One on
- Install the cartridges
If you have not already set up the hardware, follow the steps in this document to do so first. But, if you have already installed the hardware and are just looking for the driver to download, here are some shortcuts:
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order.
Step one: Unpack the All-in-One
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Attach the control panel faceplate
Use the following steps to attach the control panel faceplate, if the faceplate is not already attached:
- Align the control panel faceplate over the buttons on the product control panel.
- Press down firmly on all edges of the faceplate until it snaps into place. Make sure that the corners and the bottom edge are attached and the buttons are accessible.NOTE:The control panel faceplate must be attached for the product to operate.
Step four: Attach the bottom paper tray
Align and attach the bottom (input) paper tray.
Step five: Load plain white paper
- Remove the top (output) tray, if installed.
- Slide the paper-width guide to the left.
- Insert plain white paper.
- Move the paper-width guide to the edge of the paper.
- Attach the top (output) tray.
- Make sure to hook the top edge of the tray into the light gray latches, and then lower it into position.
- Pull out and flip over the tray extender.
Step six: Connect the power cord and adapter
Connect the power cord and adapter to the product and electrical outlet.
Step seven: Connect the phone cord
- Connect one end of the supplied phone cord to the phone port (1-LINE) and the other end to a wall jack.
- To connect a phone or answering machine to the product, remove the plug from the (2-EXT) port and then plug the phone or answering machine into the port.
NOTE:See the User Guide if you want to use your own phone cord or if you have any of the following features:
- Voice mail
- Distinctive ring
Step eight: Turn the All-in-One on
- Press the On button on the product.
- Wait for the language prompt before continuing.
- To set the language for the display, use the arrow buttons to select a language, press OK, and then confirm.
- Use the arrow buttons to select a country/region, press OK, and then confirm.
Step nine: Install the cartridges
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door until it stops. The carriage that holds the cartridges moves to the right side of the product.
- Remove the new cartridges from the packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.Figure 14: Remove the tape1 - Copper-colored contacts2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)3 - Ink nozzles under tape
- Slide the new cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push it forward until it snaps into place.Install the tri-color cartridge in the left slot.Install the black or photo cartridge in the right slot.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- If you installed a new cartridge, the cartridge alignment process starts.
- Make sure that there is plain paper loaded in the input tray, and then press OK.The product aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
- Check the status on the display, and then press OK again to complete the process.