Setting Up a Fingerprint Reader Using Verisoft Access Manager
Identifying the fingerprint reader
A fingerprint reader provides extra security for the computer. The Verisoft Access Manager by Bioscrypt uses the fingerprint reader to identify a person, and controls access to Windows or other secure systems. Instead of typing a User ID and password, you can move your finger across a sensor to log on or start commonly used applications. Verisoft Access Manager can manage all of your secure accounts and the required user names and passwords by recognizing your fingerprint.
On HP notebook computers, the fingerprint reader is a small metallic sensor located near the keyboard or display. By swiping your finger perpendicular to the metallic sensor you can log on to the computer, a secure web page, or open a password protected program.
Before you can use the fingerprint reader, you must set up the fingerprint reader by registering your fingerprint with the Access Manager.
Set up the fingerprint reader
To set up the fingerprint reader to recognize your fingerprint, you must have a logon account on the computer and the account must require a password. Multiple people can be registered to use the fingerprint reader if each person has an individual computer logon account. Follow the steps below to set up the fingerprint reader.
- In Windows, double-click the VeriSoft Access Manager icon in the notification area of the taskbar to open the My Identity window.Alternately, click Start > All programs > Verisoft > My Identity.
- Click Log On to open the VeriSoft Logon Wizard. Click Next to begin.
- Enter the User's Windows password in the Password field on the Introduce Yourself page, and click Next.If you have successfully logged on to Windows, click Finish to close the wizard.
- Click Register Fingerprints on the My Identity window, to open the VeriSoft Logon Wizard. Click Next to begin.
- Select a finger shown on the hand graphic, and then slowly swipe your finger across the sensor. One of the squares below the hand graphic will change color when the scan is accepted. A message displays if the scan is not accepted.
- Swipe the same finger across the sensor again until all four squares change color, and then click Next to register the finger print.If you need to start over during the fingerprint registration process, right-click the highlighted finger on the screen, and then click Start Over.
- If prompted to register a second fingerprint, click a different finger on the hand graphic, and then repeat steps 5 and 6.
- After using the Registration Wizard to register at least 2 fingers, click Finish.
- To set up the fingerprint reader for a different Windows user, log on to Windows as that person and then repeat steps 1 through 8.
After registering your fingerprint you can log off and then use your registered fingers to log on to Windows.
Using Fingerprint reader before registering
If you swipe your finger across the fingerprint reader before it is set up, the Access Manager opens a logon wizard window and prompts you for information. You must enter your user name, and the required password.