Install Ink Cartridges
This document contains information about installing the print cartridges.
Install the ink cartridges
- Make sure that all packing material has been removed from inside the printer and the power is turned on.
- Raise the printer cover.
- Remove the pink tape from the cartridge.NOTE:HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP ink. Printer service or repairs required as a result of printer failure or damage attributable to the use of non-HP ink will not be covered under warranty.Figure 2: Removing the pink tabNOTE:Do not touch or remove the ink nozzles or copper-colored contacts, or retape the cartridges.
- If you are replacing an HP Black, HP Photo, or HP Gray Photo cartridge, push down and pull outward on the cartridge in the right stall to remove it.
- Hold the new cartridge with the HP label facing up. Slide the cartridge at a slight upward angle into the right stall so the copper-colored contacts go in first. Gently push the cartridge until it snaps into place.Figure 4: Direction to insert the print cartridgesCAUTION:To avoid print carriage jams, make sure the print cartridge snaps securely into place as you insert it.
- Repeat the previous steps to install the HP Tri-color cartridge in the left stall.
- Lower the main cover.
- The printer will automatically align the print cartridges. The printer makes noise for a few seconds. This is normal.