Print a Diagnostic Page
The Print Quality Diagnostics Page can be used to diagnose issues affecting the print quality of the printer. This will help in deciding whether to run any maintenance tools to improve the print quality of the printouts. The ink level information and the printhead health status is also shown.
The Print Quality Diagnostic page can be printed from the control panel, the Embedded Web Server (EWS), the Toolbox, or the HP Printer Utility.
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page using the computer
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page from the EWS
- Launch the EWS by using one of two methods:
- A Web browser - type the IP address assigned to the printer in the address bar of the Web browser.
- The Information tab of the printer Toolbox - click the Launch button in the embedded web server group.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Device Services in the left pane.
- Select Print PQ (print quality) diagnostic page from the drop-down list in the Print Quality section.
- Click the Run Diagnostic button.
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page from the Toolbox (Windows)
- Right-click the HP Digital Imaging Monitor ( ) in the icon taskbar at the bottom of the screen near the clock.
- Click HP Officejet Pro K5300 or K5400 Series .
- Click Display Printer Toolbox . The Printer Toolbox displays on the screen.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click Print PQ (print quality) diagnostic page .
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page from the HP Printer Utility (Mac OS)
Click Print Quality Diagnostics from the Information and Support panel.
Description of the Print Quality Diagnostic page
The table below describes the various terms found on the Print Quality Diagnostic page.
|1||Printer Information||Shows device information (such as the product name, model number, serial number, and firmware version number), the accessories that are installed (such as the duplex unit), and the number of pages printed from the trays and accessories.|
|2||Test Pattern 1||This section shows a specific line pattern. If the lines are not straight or connected, the printheads need to be aligned.|
|3||Test Pattern 2||This section shows a specific pattern. If there are thin white lines across any of the colored blocks, the printheads need to be cleaned.|
|4||Test Pattern 3||This section also shows a specific pattern. If there are dark lines or white gaps where the arrows are pointing, the linefeed needs to be calibrated.|