An Error Code Message Displays on the Printer LCD
An error code message displays on the printer LCD and will not go away. The code consists of a string of numbers and letters.
Solution one: Reset the printer
An error code is designed to convey certain operating information to HP engineers. This is not necessarily an indication of a problem with the printer. If an error code displays, reset the printer by following the steps below:
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and then from the wall outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds, to allow all current to dissipate from the printer, then re-connect the power cord into the wall outlet and then into the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn the printer on.
Solution two: Search the error code on the HP Customer Care Web site
If the printer exhibits a functional problem, look for a description of the problem in the Solve a Problem section of the HP Customer Care Web site or enter the description into the keyword search on this page.
These steps apply to all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
- If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
- If your product is out of warranty , fees might apply for contacting HP.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Photosmart B9180 and B9180gp Photo Printers -- 'Carriage Stall...Clear Carriage Obstruction and Press OK to Continue' Message Displays on the Printer
HP Photosmart Pro B9180 Printers -- Obtaining and Installing the Latest Firmware Update in Microsoft Windows