An Error Code Message Displays on the Printer LCD
An error code message displays on the printer LCD and will not go away. The code consists of a string of numbers and letters.
Solution one: Reset the printer
An error code is designed to convey certain operating information to HP engineers. This is not necessarily an indication of a problem with the printer. If an error code displays, reset the printer by following the steps below:
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and then from the wall outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds, to allow all current to dissipate from the printer, then re-connect the power cord into the wall outlet and then into the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn the printer on.
Solution two: Search the error code on the HP Customer Care Web site
If the printer exhibits a functional problem, look for a description of the problem in the Solve a Problem section of the HP Customer Care Web site or enter the description into the keyword search on this page.
If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
- If your product is in warranty , contact HP.
- If your product is out of warranty , fees might apply for contacting HP.