Transferring Photos to a Windows Computer
The transfer of photos from the camera to the computer can be done in one of the following ways:
- Transfer photos using the HP Photosmart Software
- Transfer photos without using the HP Photosmart Software
- Transfer photos using a memory card reader
Transfer photos using the HP Photosmart software
If you have installed the HP Photosmart Software, use this method to transfer images and video clips to your computer. Depending on the HP Photosmart Software version installed, this method can be used to transfer, stitch, and print panoramas. Panoramic sequences that are not stitched on the camera, will be automatically stitched as you transfer them.
Follow the steps below to transfer photos using the HP Photosmart software.
- If you have marked images for sharing or printing, verify that the computer is connected to a printer and/ or the Internet.
- Turn off the camera.
- Connect the camera and computer using the USB cable that came with your camera.
- Turn on the camera. When the Image Display indicates that the camera is connected to the computer, follow the instructions on the computer screen to transfer the images.
Transfer photos without using the HP Photosmart software
If you do not install the HP Photosmart software, you cannot use the Share features or Buy Prints Online on the camera's Photosmart Express Menu. Panoramic sequences are not automatically stitched when you transfer the images to your computer. Images marked for printing do not automatically print when the camera is connected to the computer.
However, images and video clips can be transferred to your computer by connecting the camera directly to the computer. Follow the steps below:
- Turn off the camera, connect the camera and computer using the USB cable that came with the camera, then turn on the camera. Your computer's provided image transfer software should start. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your images.
- When you have finished transferring images, disconnect the camera from the computer.
- If you encounter problems, set the camera’s USB Configuration to Disk Drive in the camera's Setup Menu and reconnect to your computer.
Transfer photos using a memory card reader
You can put your camera’s optional memory card into a memory card reader. Some computers and HP Photosmart printers have built-in memory card slots which act as a memory card reader.
Follow the steps below:
- Insert the camera memory card into the memory card reader on the printer or on the computer.
- Right-click My Computer on your desktop, then select Explore .
- Expand the removable drive folder, expand the DCIM folder, then click on the folder for your camera.
- Select and copy all the images to a folder on your computer.
- After verifying that the images were successfully transferred, return the memory card to your camera.