Pivot Feature Does Not Work
This document pertains to the HP w2207, w2207h, 2207k, w2228h, 2228k, w2408h, and w2448hc flat panel monitors that come with the Auto Pivot feature.
Some HP flat-panel monitors have an Auto Pivot feature that allows for a portrait or landscape view.
When working properly, you grasp the edges of the monitor and rotate the monitor to a vertical or horizontal position. Shortly after the monitor screen has been rotated, the Windows desktop that is displayed on the monitor automatically rotates to fit the new screen orientation (horizontal or vertical).
The monitor must be pivot-capable and the HP My Display software must be installed before the pivot feature works.
The latest version of HP My Display software is available for download from the Software and Driver download pages on the HP website: HP My Display software . Although HP does not support this software in Windows 7, the My Display software works correctly in Windows 7.
In Windows, My Display software automatically turns the image on the monitor when the monitor is pivoted to either orientation. However, if the My Display software is not correctly set or if it is an older version, the image might not pivot automatically. Use the following steps to make sure the image pivots when the screen is rotated.
- Open the HP My Display software from the Start menu:Click Start, All Programs, HP My Display, and then HP My Display.
- Click the Options tab, select Auto Pivot from the left navigation pane, and make sure Enable Auto Pivot is selected.NOTE: If Auto Pivot is not available from the My Display software, continue using these steps to update the software. Also, make sure that the monitor is capable of using this feature. The pivot feature is a special feature that is available only on certain monitors.
- Rotate the screen, either by hand or by clicking the 0 degree or 90 degree buttons in the My Display software.
- If the Windows desktop rotates, you are done.If the Windows desktop does not rotate, continue using these steps to update the My Display software.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Click Help.
- Click Update and then Check Update.The website called Portrait Displays opens in your Internet browser software.
- Complete the required fields, ensure Full version is selected, and then click Submit.
- When the software download window opens, click Save to save the file to a location on the hard drive.NOTE: The latest version of HP My Display software is available for download from the Software and Driver download pages on the HP website: HP My Display software .
- When the download is complete, do not open it. Instead, uninstall HP My Display software as follows:
- In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, click Start , Control Panel, Uninstall a program, and double-click HP My Display.
- In Windows XP, click Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, and double-click HP My Display.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the files.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions to install the new version of HP My Display software.
- Restart the computer when done.
- Rotate the screen, either by hand or by clicking the 0 degree or 90 degree buttons in the My Display software.If the Windows desktop rotates, you are done. If not, the monitor is experiencing a connection or setup problem, and requires further flat panel monitor troubleshooting.