Motherboard Specifications, MCP61PM-HM (Nettle)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: ECS MCP61PM-HM
- HP/Compaq name: Nettle-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2
TDP: 89 watt
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology up to 5600+ (up to 89 watt)
- Athlon 64 less than 4000+
- Sempron less than 4000+
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supports PC-4200 (533 MHz), PC2-5300 (667 MHz), and PC-6400 (800 MHz) DDR2 DIMMs
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Supports up to 8 GB on 64 bit PCs
- Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs
NOTE:*Actual available memory may be less
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
- Up to 256MB (with 512MB or more system memory)
- Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- One PCI Express x1
- Two PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - SPDIF coaxial out
3 - Video Graphics Adapter
4 - IEEE 1394 port
5 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
8 - Audio: Line In (light blue)
9 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
10 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
11 - Audio: Side Speaker Out (gray)
12 - USB 2.0: 4
13 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 24-pin ATX power connector
- One 4-pin ATX power connector
- One PATA connector
- Four SATA connectors
- One floppy drive connector
- Two 12v fan connectors for CPU fan and PC fan
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF digital audio output header
- One front line input connector (interrupts line input on back panel, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)
- Four USB headers supporting 6 additional USB 2.0 ports or devices
- One 1394a header
- One Intel high-definition Audio/Modem Link (not used by HP)
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
To clear CMOS, follow these steps:
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLR_PWD.
- Move the jumper on jumper CLR_PWD to pins 2-3.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the startup process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 1-2.