Motherboard Specifications, M2NC51-AR (HematiteXL)
- Manufacturer's motherboard name: Asus M2NC51-AR
- HP/Compaq name: HematiteXL-GL8E
- Micro-ATX: 19.0 cm (7.5 inches) x 17.0 cm (6.7 inches)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
- 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Socket type: AM2
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
- AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
- AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
- AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)
- AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)
- AMD Athlon X4
- AMD Athlon X3
- AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)
- Dual channel memory architecture (1 DIMM per channel)
- Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
- Supported DIMM types:
- PC-4200 (533 MHz)
- PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
- Single-sided or double-sided DIMMs
- Non-ECC memory only
- Supports 1 GB DDR2 DIMMs
- Maximum memory: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 DIMMs, 2.0 GB total (unbuffered)
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.
- Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150LE
- Use up to 256MB of PC memory (with 512MB or more total PC memory)
- Supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- Audio CODEC: ALC888
- 7.1 high-definition audio
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Realtek RTL8201CL
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
- Transmission standards:10-Base-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16
- One PCI
Figure 2: Back I/O panel
1 - PS/2 mouse (green)
2 - SPDIF coaxial out (orange)
3 - IEEE 1394
4 - RJ-45 Network (LAN)
5 - Audio: Rear Speaker Out (black)
6 - Audio: Center/Subwoofer (yellow orange)
7 - Audio: Line In (light blue).
8 - Audio: Line Out (lime)
9 - Audio: Microphone (pink)
10 - Side Speaker Out (gray)
11 - USB 2.0: 4
12 - Video Graphics Adapter
13 - S-Video Out
14 - PS/2 keyboard (purple)
- One 2 x 12 mini power connector
- Two SATA connectors
- One 12v PC fan connector
- One 9-pin header for power button, reset button, power LED, and HDD LED
- One SPDIF digital audio output connector
- One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack, no mic-in support)
- One jumper for resetting BIOS settings
- One jumper to disable BIOS password checking
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has jumpers to:
Clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes. If you have forgotten your password you may disable password checking.
To erase the BIOS password checking:
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Locate the jumper labeled CLEAR P.W.
- Move the jumper CLEAR P.W. to pins 1-2.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- Hold down the F10 key during the start process and enter BIOS setup to change or clear the password.
- After changing or clearing the BIOS passwords, remember to reset the jumper to pins 2-3.