'Door Open. Close Cartridge Access Door' Error Message Displays on the Printer
The error message 'Door Open. Close Cartridge Access Door' displays on the front control panel of the unit. This error will appear when the door sensor is unable to detect that the door has been closed. The door sensor is a micro switch that sits below the mid-chassis. A rib on the Cartridge Access Door drops below an opening in the mid-chassis to trip a metal lever of the door sensor, which in turn activates the switch.
If you are experiencing the error message, 'Door Open. Close Access Door', when the access door is properly closed, it is likely that you have a faulty door sensor.
Some symptoms of a faulty door sensor are:
- 'Door Open. Close Cartridge Access Door' error message displays continously even when the door is fully closed.
- No audible click of the switch when the door seats flush.
- No visible metal lever in the mid-chassis opening.
NOTE:These symptoms might be caused by other issues. The instructions provided below will not resolve every issue that might cause these symptoms.
Follow the steps below until the issue is resolved. All of the following steps might not be necessary to resolve the issue.
- With the unit still powered on, open Cartridge Access Door and look for any foreign debris. Remove any foreign material that may be obstructing the seating of the access door.
- Close access door.
- If the issue is not resolved, continue to the next step.
- Open the Cartridge Access Door again.
- Slowly close the access door while listening for an audible click of the switch.
- If the issue is resolved, you do not need to continue with the rest of the instructions on this page.
- If the issue is not resolved, and/or there is no audible click, continue to the next step.
- Open the Cartridge Access Door and look into the mid-chassis opening to see if the metal lever is present.
- If the metal lever is missing, then it cannot properly trigger the switch and the sensor is faulty. Continue to the next step.
If you have completed all of the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the HP All-in-One.