Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD
This document describes how to print on both 120 mm (4.70 inch) and 80 mm (3.15 inch) CDs and DVDs using Roxio software.
NOTE:For better results, write the data to the CD or DVD before printing the label on it. Also, make sure that the print cartridges have already been aligned.
Printing directly onto a CD or DVD
Follow the steps below to print on either size of CD or DVD.
Step one: Load the CD/DVD holder
CAUTION:Do not press the CD body against the CD tray at any time as it might scratch the CD.
Step two: Load the CD/DVD Tray
CAUTION:Before loading the media on the CD/DVD tray, ensure that the printer has about 10 cm (4 inch) of clearance behind it.
- The printer feeds the CD/DVD holder while printing on the media. The CD/DVD holder might protrude about 7.5 cm (3 inches) at the back of the printer.
Step three: Create the label
- Click Start and go to All Programs. Find Roxio and click Express Labeler.
- Select the images to print on the disc by clicking the left and right arrows beside Layout and Background.
- Click Print.
- Make sure the HP PhotoSmart D5300 All-in-One is the selected printer.
- Click the Diagnostics button if you want to double check the printer driver settings.
- Make sure that the Paper Source is set to HP CD/DVD Tray.
- Under Paper Size, choose either CD/DVD 120mm or 80mm.
- If you are using HP brand CDs, set the Paper Type to HP Water Resistant CD/DVD.
- Click OK. Then click OK in the Print dialog box.
Step four: Remove the disc and the CD/DVD Holder
- Remove the CD/DVD holder from the tray.
- Close the tray.
- Remove the disc from the holder.
CAUTION:Do not touch the printed surface while removing the disc from the holder.