Printed Text or Image Is Skewed or Crooked
This document describes how to fix problems with printing that appears slanted or skewed on the page.
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
Step one: Ensure that the paper is loaded correctly
- To make sure that the paper is loaded correctly, check the following:
- The right side of the paper is flush with the right side of the paper tray.
- The paper guides are adjusted to the edges of the paper.
- The paper is flat in the tray.
- Make sure only one type of paper is loaded in the printer.
- Make sure the rear access door is securely installed.
Print a test page
Perform the following steps to print a self-test report:
- Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
- Press Setup .
- Press the down arrow ( ) to highlight Print Report.
- Press OK .
- Press the down arrow () to highlight Self-Test Report.
- Press OK .
Validate that the printer is within skew tolerance
Follow the steps below to validate that the printer is within skew tolerance using the self test report:
- Fold the paper horizontally into half.
- Look through the paper to see the single and double lines at the top and bottom of the page.
- The line over the single line and the line below the two lines should overlap exactly.
- The single line at the top of the page should fall between the two lines at the bottom of the page.
Step two: Clean the paper rollers
Follow the steps below to clean the paper rollers:
- Turn off the unit and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the rear access door.
- Wipe the paper rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with distilled or bottled water. Rotate the rollers with your fingers to clean all the way around.
- Allow the rollers to dry completely, and then replace the rear access door.
- Plug the unit back in and turn it on.
Step three: Service the printer
If you have completed all of the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service your printer.