Loading and Scanning Negatives and Slides
This document provides steps to load and scan negatives and slides using the HP All-in-One.
Loading and scanning negatives and slides
Follow the steps below to load and scan negatives and slides.
Loading negatives and slides
You can load 35 mm slides and negatives in the Slide and Negative Film holder of the All-in-One.
- Raise the lid, remove the lid backing, and then remove the Slide and Negative Film holder. Set the lid backing aside, where it will not get damaged or dirty.
- Arrange the holder so that the negative film portion is at the bottom and the film opening is on the right side.
- Slide the negative film into the center of the holder so that the front of the image faces away from you and appears backward.
- Place the holder on the glass so that the side holding your negative is lined up against the right front corner of the glass.
- Lower the lid of the HP All-in-One before starting the scan.
NOTE:The HP All-in-One does not support scanning negative film that is mounted as a slide in plastic or cardboard.
- Raise the lid, remove the lid backing and, then remove the Slide and Negative Film holder. Set the lid backing aside, where it will not get damaged or dirty.
- Place the holder on the glass so that the side with four slide openings is lined up against the right front corner of the glass.
- Lower the lid of the HP All-in-One.
Scanning negatives and slides
- Load the Slide and Negative Film holder, print side down in the right front corner of the glass.
- Touch Scan to display the Scan Menu .
- Touch Scan Film to display the Scan Film Menu .
- Touch one of the following options:
- Touch Scan to computer to send the scan to your computer. If the HP All-in One is connected to one or more computers on a network, a Select Computer menu appears. Touch the destination computer name.
- Touch Scan to Memory Device to send the scan to a memory card inserted in a memory card slot, or to a storage device attached to the front USB port on the HP All-in-One.
- Touch Original Type to select a slide scan or a film negative scan.
- Touch View and Print to view the scan on the display for printing, or editing before printing.NOTE:You can use the Show How to Use Negatives or Show How to Use Slides to view a short animated movie on the display, showing you how to complete these tasks.
- The scan is sent to the destination you selected.