Creating and Printing CD/DVD Labels
This document provides steps to create and print CD/DVD labels using the HP Roxio Express Labeler software.
Creating and printing CD/DVD labels
HP Roxio Express Labeler software that comes with the product, must be installed to create CD/DVD labels.
Follow these steps to create labels using the HP Roxio Express Labeler software.
- Open the HP Roxio Express Labeler software.
- Select one of the following projects using the HP Roxio Express Labeler software.
- Disc Label - Use to create circular labels to apply directly to the top of the CD.
- DVD Case - Use to create inserts that slip neatly into DVD cases.
- Jewel Case - Use to create inserts that work in both standard and slim jewel cases.
- Click Layout to view the layout options.
- Use the left and right arrow buttons on the keyboard to browse through the options, and select a layout.
- Click Background to view the background options.
- Use the left and right arrow buttons on the keyboard to browse through the options, and select a background.NOTE:It is possible to set any image stored in the computer as the background for the label. Click Import Background , and browse to the location of the image. Select the image, and set it as the background.The following image types are supported: .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .mvb, .pcx, .png, .tif, and .wmf.
Follow these steps to load labels.
- Click Disc Titles . The Edit Disc Title window displays.
- Select the font size or type, and add the title and subtitle for the disc.
- Click Tracks . The Edit Tracks window displays.
- Add and edit information about individual files.
- Select the font size or type to format the information.NOTE:Roxio Express Labeler is a basic version of the SureThing CD/DVD Labeler. The full version can be used to edit text directly on the preview image and includes additional features, backgrounds, and layout options. Click Upgrade in Roxio Express Labeler for more information.
Follow these steps to print a label.
- Click Print . The Printing Options window displays.
- Select the printer and the number of copies to print.
- Click Preview to preview the label.
- Click OK to print the label.
SureThing provides a free label applicator in each of its label kits. Use the applicator to apply the label to the disc.
NOTE:If the label is not straight, it detracts from the look of the CD. If it hangs over the edge, it might damage the CD drive.
SureThing label applicators are available to buy separately. Click Labels/Discs in Roxio Express Labeler for more information.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Photosmart C5200 and C5500 All-in-One Printer Series -- Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD using HP Software
HP Photosmart C5200 All-in-One Series -- Windows XP and Vista: Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD in Roxio Express Labeler