'Original HP ink depleted' Message Displays on the Control Panel
The error message Original HP ink depleted displays on the product.
Replace the indicated ink cartridge(s), or press OK on the control panel to continue. HP recommends the use of genuine HP ink cartridges. Genuine HP ink cartridges are designed and tested with HP printers to help produce great results, time after time.
NOTE:HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP ink. Printer service or repairs required as a result of printer failure or damage due to the use of non-HP ink will not be covered under warranty.
Follow these steps to replace the depleted HP ink cartridge(s).
Step one: Replace the indicated cartridge(s)
- Make sure the HP All-in-One is turned on.NOTE:The Attention light blinks when the product is turned on.
- Open the access door by lifting from the front center of the HP All-in-One, until the door locks into place.
- Squeeze the bottom of the latch below the ink cartridge to replace, and then lift the latch.
- To replace the black ink cartridge, lift the latch on the far left.
- To replace one of the five color ink cartridges, such as yellow, light cyan (blue), cyan, light magenta (pink), or magenta, lift the appropriate latch in the center area.
- Pull the ink cartridge towards you out of its slot to remove it.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Holding the new ink cartridge by the handle, push the ink cartridge into the empty slot.Match the color and pattern of the ink cartridge to the color and pattern on the print carriage.
- Close the latch, and make sure it is secure.
- Close the access door.
Step two: Align the new ink cartridge(s)
- Make sure paper is loaded in the input tray, and then press the OK button. The HP All-in-One prints the alignment page, aligns the printhead, and initializes the ink cartridges. This takes approximately 5 minutes.CAUTION:Do not disconnect or turn off the HP All-in-One during this time. You may hear the HP All-in-One making noises.
- Check the display for status, and then press the OK button. Recycle or discard the alignment page.
The original HP ink in the indicated ink cartridge(s) has been depleted.