Replacing the Ink Service Module
The ink service module holds waste ink from the black print cartridge. When the ink service module is almost full, the product does not print.
Replacing the ink service module
Follow these steps in the order in which they are presented to replace the ink service module.
NOTE:If you do not have a new ink service module available, you can remove the black cartridge to continue printing. The product can print using only the tri-color cartridge, but the color results and print speed are affected.To purchase an ink service module, visit the HP How to Buy page. Click your region and language combination, and then click the link to the HP Parts store.
Step one: Remove the old ink service module
NOTE:When removing the ink service module, do not turn the product upside down. This might cause wet ink to flow out of the ink service module.To avoid ink stains on hands or furniture, wear plastic gloves when removing the ink service module.
- Unplug the power cord from the product.
- Slide the battery release slider to the left, and then remove the battery.
- Gently turn the product sideways to remove the ink service module. The ink service module is located on the bottom of the product.
- Press and slide the notch with a screwdriver, and then rotate the ink service module to the left to remove it.
Step two: Insert the new ink service module
- Remove the new ink service module from the packaging.
- Install the new ink service module.NOTE:Check the ink service module replacement kit for replacing the ink service module.The part number of the replaceable Ink Service Module Kit is C8150-67028 for the Deskjet 460 printer, CB026-67043 for the Officejet H470 printer, and CN551-67031 for the Officejet 100 printer.
- Place the product back in its normal position.
Step three: Reset the counter
- Load unused, plain white, U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the input tray.
- Reinstall the battery. Slide the battery into the battery slot until the contacts on the battery are aligned with the contacts in the battery slot. Push the battery into the battery slot until the battery clicks into place.
- Plug in the power cord to the product.
- Press the Power button to turn on the product.
- Press and hold the Cancel button and the Resume button simultaneously for 8 seconds.The right print cartridge light and the Resume light turns off. The product is ready to print.