Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD using HP Software
This document explains how to print directly onto a CD or DVD.
Printing directly onto a CD or DVD using HP software
Follow these steps to insert a CD or DVD into the product and create and print a label onto the CD or DVD.
Step one: Load the CD or DVD into the All-in-One
- Move the product at least 7.5 cm (3 inches) away from the wall.NOTE:While printing on the disc, the CD/DVD holder protrudes about 7.5 cm (3 inches) at the back of the product.
- Pull the CD/DVD tab () to remove the CD/DVD holder from the storage area below the main tray.
- Place the CD or DVD print-side up on the ring on the CD/DVD holder, and then snap it into place.
- Lower the CD/DVD tray.NOTE:The CD/DVD tray is below the control panel. In its lowered position, the CD/DVD tray sits on top of the output tray.
- Push the CD/DVD holder into position in the CD/DVD tray until the lines on the holder match up with the lines on the CD/DVD tray.
Step two: Create a label and print it on the CD or DVD
- Open HP Photosmart Essential 3.0.
- Windows XP: On the Windows taskbar, click Start, point to All Programs, point to HP, point to HP Photosmart Essential, and then click HP Photosmart Essential 3.0.
- Windows Vista: On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, click HP Photosmart Essential, and then click HP Photosmart Essential 3.0.
- Click Create, and then click Disc Labels.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a label.
- Click Print to print the label on the CD or DVD.