Setting Up the Printer Hardware for HP Color LaserJet CP1215 and CP1217 Printers
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the product. Complete these steps before you install the product software on your computer. If you already set up the product hardware, and need software installation help, see Links to Software Installation Instructions at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the product:
- Unpack the printer
- Check the contents of the box
- Connect the power cord and turn on the printer
- Load plain paper
Setting up the printer
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the printer software.
NOTE:Do not connect a USB cable now. If you plan to use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during the software installation.
Step one: Unpack the printer
- Select a sturdy, well-ventilated, dust-free area to position the product.
- Open the rear access door, remove the tape and packing material from the back of the product, and then close the rear access door.
- Open the print cartridge door.
- Remove the protective tape from all four print cartridges.
- Push the print cartridge drawer back in, and then close the front access door.
Step two: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step three: Connect the power cord and turn on the printer
Step four: Load plain paper
- Pull the paper tray out of the product, and then slide the paper guides outward.
- Place the stack of paper in the tray, and then make sure that it is flat at all four corners.
- Slide the paper guides inward so that they rest against the stack of paper.
- Push down on the paper to make sure that the stack of paper is below the blue paper limit tabs on each side of the tray, and then reinsert the tray.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the product software with the product CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your computer operating system and type of connection.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect a USB cable now. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Installing the Product Software in Windows for a USB Cable Connection (c01797272) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows Vista for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (c01910259) (in English)|
|Installing the Product Software in Windows XP for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection (c01910237) (in English)|