Replacing the Ink Cartridges
Follow the instructions below to replace the ink cartridges.
Video of replacing the cartridges and printhead
The following video demonstrates how to replace the cartridges and the printhead. You do not necessarily need to replace the printhead. Simply refer to the video for replacing the cartridges, and then stop the video.
The following video demonstrates replacing printheads and cartridges.
NOTE:This video shows the HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer. The outside of the printer might not look the same as your printer, but the steps are the same.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Replace the ink cartridges
- Make sure the HP All-in-One is on. Press the On button to turn on the HP All-in-One.
- Gently pull open the cartridge access door.Figure 1: Open access door
- Lightly press down on an ink cartridge to release it.
- Remove the ink cartridge that requires replacement by grasping it and pulling it firmly out of the printer.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its package.
- Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and insert the cartridge into the slot. Press down firmly on the cartridge to ensure proper contact.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.