This document contains steps for installing replacement cartridges in the product. Before you perform the following steps, make sure the replacement cartridge is compatible with your product.
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Video of replacing cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
Step one: Open the All-in-One
Step two: Replace the old cartridge
- Press in the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull it out and up to remove it from its slot.CAUTION:Do not lift the gray latch next to the carriage to install the cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated ink cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to correctly install the ink cartridges.
- On the replacement cartridge, pull the orange pull-tab straight back to remove the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counterclockwise to snap it off the cartridge.
- With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the correct slot. The color-coded icons on the cartridge and in the printhead indicate the correct slot.
- Press down on the ink cartridge until it clicks firmly into place.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge that you want to replace.
- Close the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the right side of the product.